SheMedia: Temporary Weekend Trends News Writer
SheKnows.com is hiring a temporary weekend trends editor. This contract role will own the SheKnows weekend coverage and select, write and publish viral news and stories in the celebrity, parenting, food and lifestyle spaces that resonate with an audience of. mothers and women in general. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneur with a positive attitude who thrives under tight deadlines and has a demonstrated ability to quickly produce high quality, engaging, SEO-optimized news content. He / she must be a critical thinker obsessed with pop culture and current affairs who is up to date on the latest celebrity parents, Royal Family events, Ina Garten recipes and cult products for sale on Amazon – and be able to report on one with wit and an original point of view.
The weekend news editor will be responsible for writing about 6 news articles per day, as well as helping to cover major awards shows as needed. A knack for sniffing out stories and identifying unique angles that align with our brand and our pro-women-focused parenting voice is essential. Experience in self-publishing and self-publishing news articles is a plus.
- Self-assign, write and post 7 new trends per day – with an emphasis on entertainment and lifestyle – on a Saturday to Sunday schedule
- Post new weekend trends and evergreen stories to SheKnows social platforms
- Provide real-time coverage of all major award shows
- Use SEO and analytics to inform content creation
The fine print:
- At least 2 years of editorial experience in a large digital media company
- The ability to react quickly to new trends and to report stories in a way that is original, brand-consistent and suited to our audience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent editing skills – you care about the details!
- Familiar with SEO and analytics best practices
- Works under high pressure and fast paced conditions, and performs well both independently and collaboratively
- An obsession with celebrity, parenting, food and entertainment news
- Strong interest in social media and audience development
- Basic photo editing skills in Photoshop
- Possibility to use Google Trends for article ideas
About SHE Media:
SHE Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a mission-driven digital media company created for and by women with approximately 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and over 350 million fans and followers on social media. Our mission is to validate the voices and leadership of women as a unifying force for global good. The SHE Media Partner Network is the premier source for thousands of content creators, offering a diverse portfolio of monetization opportunities and educational materials to help them turn their passions into profits. SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties alongside our flagship sites: SheKnows.com, Stylist, and #Blog She, which hosts the world’s leading events for content creators and entrepreneurs. SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms which include: #Femvertising Awards, which annually rewards the best pro-women advertising; hatch, a resource for parents featuring child-generated content; Field, a series of live events for women entrepreneurs; and The Voices of the Year, which celebrates the best of lifestyle content creation and pro-human activism. SHE Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media, publishing and information services company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading information and digital media services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of over 180 million people and empowers over a million CEOs and global thought leaders in markets that have a global impact. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle industries. Based in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries around the world, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.