Celebrity news

Man Who Breaks Into Eminem’s Home Is Released On Supervision And Serves A Sentence | Celebrity news

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) – A man who broke into Eminem’s suburban Detroit home and allegedly told the rapper “he was there to kill him” has been sentenced to five years probation and to a served sentence.

Matthew Hughes, 28, was sentenced last week by a Macomb County Circuit Court judge under a plea and sentencing agreement with county prosecutors, the Macomb Daily reported. He was released after serving 524 days in the county jail.

Hughes said little at the hearing and made confused statements in his presentation report, his lawyer, Richard Glanda, said.

Eminem, who agreed with the result, did not attend the hearing.

Hughes was unarmed when he was discovered early on April 5, 2020 at Eminem’s home in Clinton Township. Eminem, real name Marshall Mathers, was asleep when he was awakened by the sound of Hughes smashing a kitchen door window with a brick paving stone.

Hughes allegedly told the rapper “he was there to kill him,” according to court testimony.

Eminem brought Hughes out of the house, where he was greeted by security guards and detained until police arrived.

In August, Hughes arguably pleaded a reduced charge of second degree trespassing in exchange for dismissing the charges of first degree trespassing, malicious destruction of property between $ 1,000 and $ 20,000 and assault on a prison employee. A plea of ​​no contest is not an admission of guilt, but is treated as such in sentencing.

Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *