Sitcom is a category that captured a lot of fans during the Golden Era. One of the sitcoms that has received positive responses from audiences is Drifters. The description of the show’s second season is covered in this part of the article.
Jessica Knappett is the creator and screenwriter of the outgoing sitcom October 31, 2013 on E4.
Simon Wilson, Damon Beesley, Iain Morris are the executive producers of the American show.
“Drifters” ended its four seasons with a total of 24 episodes. Each episode has a duration of 23 minutes.
What is the plot of the Drifters Season 2 TV series?
The story of the series revolves around the lives of two cousins âânamed Meg and Bunny and their best friend, Laura. They are residents of Leeds after completing their university studies. Meg and Bunny are India Return. The description of their character and life is already mentioned in the distribution section.
Read more: A Crime To Remember Season 6: When is the premiere; Distribution, plot and details!
The second season kicks off with the announcement of a separation lawsuit between Meg’s parents. After hearing this, Meg is upset. Meanwhile, Frank stays at Mark’s residence, and Jenny is disguised as a young woman. Meg is attracted to her neighbor, Scott. However, the couple reunite later. On the other hand, Bunny hangs out with Benji, a banjo player in a group. Benji soon leaves the group, due to which Bunny is no longer interested in him. Meanwhile, Laura claims Gary is an Afghanistan war veteran and Paralympian.
After struggling with their personal lives, Meg hosts a girls’ night out. Laura and Bunny insist on playing Truth and Dare, after which the situation gets out of hand. Meg and Bunny go head-to-head to have a crush on Scott.
Later, Meg finds out every known person is on a new dating app named BangR. To prove to Mark that she’s moved on, she decides to create a login on the app. Soon she joins the app and finds a date.
In the fourth episode of the series, a new character, Leia, arrives. According to everyone, she is beautiful and has been known to Meg and Bunny from their trip to India. However, Meg doesn’t like him very much.
Meg finds herself stuck in two situations and struggles to run between the events. Bunny and Laura face their situation. Mega gets a job at a trendy charity HumanKind UK. She has to convince her boss Rebecca. Meanwhile, Bunny faces problems in his office.
Read more: Bleach Season 17 All Anime Lovers Should Know The Release Date
The release date: When did the second season of the Drifters TV series see the light of day?
The show’s second season has entered existence on October 23, 2014. It consisted of six episodes that ended on November 28, 2014.
What are the names of the characters involved in the second season of the Drifters?
The main characters are the trio of girls, Meg, Bunny and Laura. The description of the characters is given below.
- Meg, played by Jessica Knappett, is the protagonist of the seriess who graduated from University in India. She recently broke up with her ex-boyfriend Mark who left her with her cousin Bunny. She expects glamorous media work and is ready to jump into real life.
- Bunny, played by Lydia Rose Bewley, is Meg’s stylish and odd cousin. She is also a spiritual soul who is also back in India. She’s tried everything from sitting in front of an artist as a model to asking for life lessons. She also tried acting and singing, but failed.
- Laura, played by Lauren O’Rourke, is a rude, rough and vulgar girl who is happy with her boyfriend, Gary. He’s a type of character that no one would joke with.
- Frank, played by Bob Mortimer, is the proud father of Meg. According to Meg, their parents are proud of her brother James, not Meg.
- Jenny, played by Arabella Weir, is Meg’s mom. After returning from India, Meg discovered that her mother had turned her bedroom into a walk-in closet for herself.
- Mark, played by Philip McGinley, is Meg’s ex, who was initially shabby and needy. However, things change when Meg is forced to move in with him again.
- Gary, played by Bobby Hirston, is Laura’s longtime boyfriend. He is an under-performer without work, without life goals and with questionable hygiene. The pillars of their relationship are her desperation and Laura’s temper.
- Malcolm, played by Nick Mohammed, is the boss of the girls. He’s lustful, stupid, and a jobworth who works in promotions. He joins the trio to promote items on the streets wearing silly outfits.
- Scott, played by Brett Goldstein, is Meg and Mark’s neighbor. He’s a handsome trainee counselor who both Meg and Bunny have a crush on.
The other characters in the series are:
- The role of James played by Sam Jackson
- The role of Sara played by Alice Barlow
- The role of Hot & Cold played by Perry Fitzpatrick
What are the ratings for the second season of the Drifters?
“Drifters” received positive reviews from critics. It has a rating from 7.1 out of 10 out of IMDb.
Where can we watch the Drifters from the TV series?
There are many websites available on the internet where you can watch the series. The best known is Netflix but only available in certain regions.
It is also available on Amazon prime. You can watch the first episode for free but with ads. You can purchase the rest of the Season 2 episodes.
Some other websites like Tubi also feature the series but are only available in certain regions.
The show is fully available to stream on Amazon Prime and many other platforms for free. You can enjoy it from there.
Keep enjoying Drifters!